Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mr. Dodorye explains his inspiration for "Walking while black"






Mr.Dodorye recently gained an inspiration after the judge called the final decision made by the 6 juries in the Trayvon Martin case. He speaks on the awkward gut feeling it gave him when he heard the verdict "I knew Zimmerman would walk free, too much things did not add up to me. Trayvon Martins parents received an undisclosed amount of money before the trial, Zimmermans father is an retired judge,one of Trayvons most important witnesses testimony thrown out because Rachel weren't professional enough. At the end of the day it all comes down to what they say it does not come down to........RACISM!!! I have a 3 year old african american son and I have to admit it hurts to know racism still exists and people don't care to see this. Justice was not served and I am going to express how I feel about this trial in my art work." In the photos listed are photos of his latest piece "Walking while black" in which Mr.Dodorye speaks on the piece being one of his most inspirational pieces of 2013. He includes that the piece is no where near done! "Expressing what's real through an abstract mind" Dodorye

No comments:

Post a Comment