Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

2013 Hov and Drake Collab




Drake's third album Nothing Was The Same drops Sept. 24. So far, fans have been able to get a taste of four tracks -- the posse-homage "Started From The Bottom," the reported Rihanna-inspired single "Hold On, We're Going Home," the controversial "Wu-Tang Forever," and "Too Much." But, perhaps one of the most anticipated tracks on the Grammy-winning rapper's new LP is the Jay Z feature and album closer "Pound Cake / Paris Morton Music 2." With less than 10 days to go to launch, the 7-minute song has leaked.

A picture of Drake in the lab with Hov surfaced back in May (see above.) The caption read,"Warning: Please be very afraid of the music we're working on. OVO x ROCNATION." Over whispery vocals, Drizzy and Jigga take turns rapping on "Pound Cake." The track was produced by Boi-1da, Jordan Evans & Matthew Burnett. Jay Z gives subtle shout-outs to Rihanna's "Birthday Cake" and Kanye West's "No Church In The Wild" on his verse.
For "Paris Morton Music 2" Drake does it alone, freestyling about why he is the greatest of his generation. "Like I didn't study the game to the letter, and understand that I'm not doing it the same, I'm doing it better," he raps. He also gives a shout out to Lil Wayne. "He walked right past in the hallway, three months later I'm his artist, he probably wouldn't remember that story/ But that shit stick with me, always couldn't believe when he called me, you never know it could happen to you/ And I just spent four Ferraris all on a brand new Bugatti and did that shit because it's something to do/ I guess that's just who I became, dawg/ Nothing was the same, dawg."

No comments:

Post a Comment